Employer : IFRC
Published : 07.04.2021
Deadline : 07.05.2021
WebSite : There is no website
Logo : There is no logo
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Organizational Unit / Duty Station (Department / Regional Office / Delegation..... etc.)- IFRC Country Delegation in Azerbaijan within the IFRC South Caucasus Delegation based in Georgia
Immediate Supervisor’s Title- IFRC Operations Manager in Azerbaijan
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegations and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
The IFRC has been present in the South Caucasus region, including through Country Delegations in Armenia and Azerbaijan since 1992 with large scale humanitarian programmes. Currently, IFRC has a Regional Delegation based in Tbilisi, Georgia that covers three countries in the South Caucasus. Since end of 2020, the IFRC opened a country delegation in Azerbaijan
Reporting to the Operations Manager in Azerbaijan, the Programme Assistant is responsible to provide support to the IFRC Operations Manager and programme teams in Azerbaijan and Georgia in all aspects of the IFRC programmatic, technical, administrative support, including logistical assistance and welcome support to the IFRC teams and other visitors as required.
Job duties and responsibilities
Administration and Welcome Service
• Review the IFRC Welcome Pack for Azerbaijan and keep it fully and regularly updated and shared with all visitors
• Provide support to all IFRC visitors, including as required visa, transportation, accommodation and other relevant tasks
• Ensure proper welcome arrangements for new staff, visitors/consultants including pick up/drop from/at airport in coordination with the fleet, scheduling meetings and sharing of their ToR with relevant colleagues.
• Ensure housing arrangements for the IFRC delegates, for the office, and hotel. Support with identifying relevant suppliers and concluding framework agreements in line with the IFRC policies and procedures.
• Provide general support to visitors.
• Ensure IFRC correspondence with external stakeholders as needed and in close coordination with the IFRC Liaison Officer / Under-Secretary General of Azerbaijan Red Crescent Society
• Ensure proper filing, storage and back -up system of project documents and records and retrieve information when requested
• Maintain regular and proactive dialogue with internal and external stakeholders with regards to relevant administration management matters.
• Assist in writing correspondence/memo, invitation letters, email as well as translation of the documents, when needed.
• Coordinate appointments and meetings as required.
• Monitor and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment and ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
• Work closely with the IFRC Security Focal Point in Tbilisi and provide relevant updates in a timely manner
Programmatic Support / Support to Head of Delegation
• Support with logistics accompaniment of the IFRC supported procurement processes both done directly and through the Azerbaijan Red Crescent Society
• Provide support with reporting requirements in close collaboration with the Operations Manager, South Caucasus PMER Officer, and the programme teams of Azerbaijan Red Crescent Society
• Support in taking minutes as and when necessary during meetings
• Support with translation as and when necessary during meetings
• Support in scheduling relevant meetings for the Head of Delegation / Operations Manager
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
Position Requirements (Required,Preffered)
- Relevant university degree or extensive professional experience in related field - Required
- Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector, management, etc.) - Preffered
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with an International Organisation, international non-governmental organization, NGO and/or government development agency - Required
- Volunteering or working within the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement - Preffered
- Experience of managing budgets - Required
- Communicating financial results to managers - Preffered
- Experience of narrative & financial reporting - Preffered
- Experience in administration - Required
- Experience in procurement and small-scale logistics tasks - Required
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to lead and manage in a diverse cultural context - Preffered
- Highly organised/time management skills - Required
- Advanced skills in computer productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) - Required
- Good communication skills - Preffered
- Ability to pay attention to detail - Required
- Good writing skills - Required
- Fluently spoken and written English - Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) - Preffered
Competencies (to be filled in by HR)
Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Applications to be send to the following Email Address: email@example.com