Employer : ADA University
Published : 08.04.2021
Deadline : 08.05.2021
WebSite : https://www.ada.edu.az/en/schools/site
Logo : There is no logo
ADA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND ENGINEERING: INSTRUCTOR / ASISSTANT PROFESSOR, MATHEMATICS
The School of Information Technologies and Engineering (SITE) at ADA University invites candidates of professional and scholarly accomplishment to apply for the Instructor / Assistant Professor, Mathematics position(s) for its Bachelor of Science programs starting in the Fall 2021 semester.
SITE newly launched its BS in Mathematics program (https://www.ada.edu.az/en/schools/programs/site/3893-mathematics). We are seeking dynamic, energetic, and entrepreneurial scholars who have a desire to work collaboratively in an international environment. Salary is contingent upon qualifications and the hired faculty member is expected to teach undergraduate students.
• Commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate students;
• Being able to teach selected Major Core and Technical Elective courses outlined in the Programs of Study at (the teaching workload per academic year i.e. 10 months is 6 sections for Assistant Professors or 8 sections for Instructors).These include:
o Calculus I and II
o Discrete Structures
o Linear Algebra
o Abstract Algebra
o Ordinary Differential Equations
o Probability & Statistics
o and more advanced courses.
• Designing courses, developing syllabi and instructional materials to ensure compliance with the SITE curriculum requirements and guidelines;
• Providing quality instruction including stimulating analytical and critical thinking;
• Meeting all scheduled classes/labs and providing instruction in accordance with objectives of the approved course outline;
• Providing meaningful and timely feedback on student assignments, hold regular office hours;
• Using the university’s student information system and learning management system;
• Teaching in traditional, hybrid and online course delivery mode depending on program needs;
• For Assistant Professors: Publishing in peer-reviewed journals and presenting at conferences;
• Providing exemplary service to the university and community.
• MS or PhD degree (for Assistant Professor position) in Mathematics/Theoretical Physics or other related fields from an accredited institution;
• Experience designing and teaching similar courses in the degree program;
• Experience in conducting funded research, and publications in major reputed peer-reviewed journals;
• Proficiency in spoken and written English;
• At least 1 year of teaching experience at an accredited institution, especially at the collegiate level;
• Strong commitment to serving university and society;
• International academic experience is desired;
Interested candidates are requested to submit, preferably in Word or PDF format, attached to an e-mail message: (1) a letter of interest specifying particular suitability for the position and availability, (2) a current resume, and, (3) the names, email and mailing addresses of at least 3 references.
Send materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy (CC) to email@example.com specifying the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The cut-off date for application is 16 May 2021. Appointments begin 15 August 2021. ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard